So Happy I Could Die

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Lady Gaga talks BTW sales/tour, defends electronic music

Mikal
    Mikal
    Administrator
    Administrator

Bio : My life is a play.

Lady Gaga talks BTW sales/tour, defends electronic music Empty Lady Gaga talks BTW sales/tour, defends electronic music

Post by Mikal 8/10/2012, 7:23 pm

BORN THIS WAY ALBUM, ELECTRONIC MUSIC:

“Born This Way,” the single, was the fastest-selling single in iTunes history, but Born This Way, the album, despite getting enthusiastically mixed reviews, was considered something of a disappointment. When I ask Gaga if she was pleased with its reception, she says, with a somewhat forced blasé air, “Sure. I really couldn’t ask for anything more. The tour is sold out. We sold eight million records.” And then she says, “Everything is great,” which makes me think that there must have been some days when everything was not great.

Some of the letdown probably had to do with the fact that Born This Way happened to come out the same season as Adele’s juggernaut, 21, which shot to number one, won every award on planet Earth, and refuses to cede its spot at the top of the charts.The freak-of-nature success of that album has led to all manner of comparison: Adele, not Gaga, is the voice of their generation; acoustic music, soul music, real music—not Gaga’s wall of electronic sound—is what people yearn to hear. Despite the fact that electronic music has, at long last, ascended into the mainstream, it’s still not always taken seriously. When I bring this up, Gaga says, “Well, I think we both know that acoustic music isn’t better than electronic music. Electronic music requires a tremendous amount of technical expertise—really knowing the mathematics and beauty of music. At the risk of sounding like a snob, if you don’t really understand how to make electronic music, it might be much easier for you to write it off as low-brow.”

BORN THIS WAY BALL:

“Yes, it was intentional for this show to be more sophisticated and more elegant—a little cleaner. Sometimes I think that there’s a fine line between impressionistic and messy. So we tried to make this more French Impressionistic and less like a child’s finger painting. I really wanted to break the mold of what modern touring is right now. The most important thing to me was that there be no video screens. What if we just really simplified all of that so that you just have to watch me and the dancers the whole time?”

Lady Gaga talks BTW sales/tour, defends electronic music Xlarge

Source: VOGUE Magazine

Full story will be available soon.
    Pop Ate My Hearts
    Pop Ate My Hearts
    Icon
    Icon

Bio : If Gaga is poison for our minds, then inject me.

Lady Gaga talks BTW sales/tour, defends electronic music Empty Re: Lady Gaga talks BTW sales/tour, defends electronic music

Post by Pop Ate My Hearts 8/10/2012, 9:00 pm

Tbh I really liked how in the Born This Way Ball there was no screens. It made it more magical and anticipating...

As for Born This Way disappointing? NO FUCKING WAY. The album is stunning and any who disagrees needs to turn off Katy, Nicki and LMFAO and appreciate it.

Lady Gaga talks BTW sales/tour, defends electronic music Lazycat
    Mikal
    Mikal
    Administrator
    Administrator

Lady Gaga talks BTW sales/tour, defends electronic music Empty Re: Lady Gaga talks BTW sales/tour, defends electronic music

Post by Mikal 8/10/2012, 9:49 pm

i love how she says that electronic music is actually harder to make than acoustic music cuz it is true. what's easier: a piano the whole song or beats, synths, other shit inbetween, guitars. electronic music is really the same kind of thing like maybe up-tempo rock music just different sounds, take marry the night for example with its guitars for synths.
    PrincessOfMischief
    PrincessOfMischief
    Icon
    Icon

Bio : Sold my soul to a man in a golden helmet and green

Post by PrincessOfMischief 8/10/2012, 9:59 pm

Lady Gaga talks BTW sales/tour, defends electronic music Ohtheshade

gaga i love you. i bow to you. and i bow to your calm bitchyness!
    toshir3197
    toshir3197
    Little Monster
    Little Monster

Bio : BOW DOWN BITCHES!

Post by toshir3197 8/11/2012, 1:27 am

IM GOING TO FUCKING BUY THIS VAG "ahem" MAGAZINE!!
    :trampoline:
    PrincessOfMischief
    PrincessOfMischief
    Icon
    Icon

Post by PrincessOfMischief 8/11/2012, 1:29 am

toshir3197 wrote:IM GOING TO FUCKING BUY THIS VAG "ahem" MAGAZINE!!
    :trampoline:
    that doesnt even make sense
    toshir3197
    toshir3197
    Little Monster
    Little Monster

Post by toshir3197 8/11/2012, 1:53 am

SoHappyICouldDieBitch wrote:that doesnt even make sense
    Goodluck with your life
    Lady Gaga talks BTW sales/tour, defends electronic music Mhmmmm
    Pop Ate My Hearts
    Pop Ate My Hearts
    Icon
    Icon

Bio : If Gaga is poison for our minds, then inject me.

Post by Pop Ate My Hearts 8/11/2012, 1:58 am

toshir3197 wrote:Goodluck with your life
    No carlo, Good luck with YOUR life. You can't use GIFs to make your point in real life hunny xox

toshir3197
    toshir3197
    Little Monster
    Little Monster

Post by toshir3197 8/11/2012, 9:38 am

xHeavyMetalGaga wrote: No carlo, Good luck with YOUR life. You can't use GIFs to make your point in real life hunny xox
    Well it's obvious that you can't get my point.
    Goodluck with your life too bby xoxox
    toshir3197
    toshir3197
    Little Monster
    Little Monster

Post by toshir3197 8/11/2012, 9:50 am

I agreee with what she says about Electronic Music.
    Especially this
    “Well, I think we both know that acoustic music isn’t better than electronic music. Electronic music requires a tremendous amount of technical expertise—really knowing the mathematics and beauty of music.

Electronic has more effort to be made rather than acoustic.
    "LOW-BROW" Teas in the fame Era.

Some of the letdown probably had to do with the fact that Born This Way happened to come out the same season as Adele’s juggernaut, 21, which shot to number one, won every award on planet Earth, and refuses to cede its spot at the top of the charts.The freak-of-nature success of that album has led to all manner of comparison: Adele, not Gaga, is the voice of their generation; acoustic music, soul music, real music—not Gaga’s wall of electronic sound—is what people yearn to hear.

This is too much. That shade.
    Lady Gaga talks BTW sales/tour, defends electronic music Slamsdoor-1
    Mikal
    Mikal
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Mikal 8/11/2012, 6:47 pm

toshir3197 wrote:
    Some of the letdown probably had to do with the fact that Born This Way happened to come out the same season as Adele’s juggernaut, 21, which shot to number one, won every award on planet Earth, and refuses to cede its spot at the top of the charts.The freak-of-nature success of that album has led to all manner of comparison: Adele, not Gaga, is the voice of their generation; acoustic music, soul music, real music—not Gaga’s wall of electronic sound—is what people yearn to hear.

This is too much. That shade.
    Lady Gaga talks BTW sales/tour, defends electronic music Slamsdoor-1
    :uhoh:
    PrincessOfMischief
    PrincessOfMischief
    Icon
    Icon

Post by PrincessOfMischief 8/12/2012, 12:05 am

xHeavyMetalGaga wrote:No carlo, Good luck with YOUR life. You can't use GIFs to make your point in real life hunny xox

^ u have just been shot down

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/6/2024, 1:36 pm