So Happy I Could Die

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Nicki Minaj Expects Lukewarm Sales of 'The Re-Up' Album

Kevin
    Kevin
    Little Monster
    Little Monster

Nicki Minaj Expects Lukewarm Sales of 'The Re-Up' Album Empty Nicki Minaj Expects Lukewarm Sales of 'The Re-Up' Album

Post by Kevin 11/27/2012, 2:37 am

Nicki Minaj Expects Lukewarm Sales of 'The Re-Up' Album 2639499-nicki-minaj-pink-friday-macys-617-409

Nicki Minaj's last album was certified platinum, but she has more modest expectations for her latest effort.

"Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded -- The Re-Up," an expanded version of her sophomore disc, was released Nov. 19, but Minaj says it hasn't been easy for fans to buy -- and she pins the blame on three of the nation's biggest retailers.

"It is hard to get the album because the stores basically said that the last few re-releases they had put out did not do well and they didn't want to take a chance," she said in an appearance on New York radio station Power 105.1's The Breakfast Club. "So, Target and Walmart is not selling the album. Target is actually my biggest retailer -- they've always been my biggest retailer. They've sold the most Nicki Minaj albums ever, so, thank you, Target. But I wish you could've sold this one."

As for Best Buy, the retailer "only took limited [quantities] because they're like 'Oh we don't know, we want to play it safe,' so it's very difficult and it kind of sets you up to fail," she said, adding that some of her fans "have been driving hours, literaly hours, to get one CD. But it is what it is, and I appreciate the support, and I'm excited about the music."

"Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded," which hit stores April 2, was certified platinum after selling more than 1 million units in the U.S. The album debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, selling 253,000 units in its first week.

"The Re-Up" includes eight new songs -- including "The Boys," "Va Va Voom" and "Freedom" -- along with a DVD featuring the album's music videos and 90 minutes of behind-the-scenes footage.

Despite her lowered expectations, Minaj says she's proud of the album. "At the end of the day, I was happy I was able to put the music out," she said.
    Mikal
    Mikal
    Administrator
    Administrator

Bio : My life is a play.

Nicki Minaj Expects Lukewarm Sales of 'The Re-Up' Album Empty Re: Nicki Minaj Expects Lukewarm Sales of 'The Re-Up' Album

Post by Mikal 11/27/2012, 6:03 pm

well it's her fault for re-releasing shit a million times with the same name
    Cool Nebraska Guy
    Cool Nebraska Guy
    Administrator
    Administrator

Bio : I'm fun.

Nicki Minaj Expects Lukewarm Sales of 'The Re-Up' Album Empty Re: Nicki Minaj Expects Lukewarm Sales of 'The Re-Up' Album

Post by Cool Nebraska Guy 11/27/2012, 7:51 pm

Pink Friday was a clever name for her first album. Reusing it 1000 times is tacky an unoriginal. Gaga has made a brand off of Born This Way the right way. Nicki just names everything she sees Pink Friday. Besides that the album is shit.

I hope she dies in a fire ok.
    PrincessOfMischief
    PrincessOfMischief
    Icon
    Icon

Bio : Sold my soul to a man in a golden helmet and green

Post by PrincessOfMischief 11/27/2012, 10:52 pm

Cool Nebraska Guy wrote:Pink Friday was a clever name for her first album. Reusing it 1000 times is tacky an unoriginal. Gaga has made a brand off of Born This Way the right way. Nicki just names everything she sees Pink Friday. Besides that the album is shit.

I hope she dies in a fire ok.
    well i have nothing else to add to this statement... Nicki Minaj Expects Lukewarm Sales of 'The Re-Up' Album 2955033301
    Mikal
    Mikal
    Administrator
    Administrator

Bio : My life is a play.

Post by Mikal 11/28/2012, 1:05 am

but why is it a pink friday...... why not Teal Friday? plus wasn't the album released on a monday idgi
    Kevin
    Kevin
    Little Monster
    Little Monster

Post by Kevin 11/28/2012, 2:18 am

The first album is still pretty listenable imo, but she gets (slightly) worse on every re-release.
    Pop Ate My Hearts
    Pop Ate My Hearts
    Icon
    Icon

Bio : If Gaga is poison for our minds, then inject me.

Post by Pop Ate My Hearts 11/28/2012, 3:33 am

Nicki stop blaming other people for your shitty music. Nicki Minaj Expects Lukewarm Sales of 'The Re-Up' Album 1197609642
    Kevin
    Kevin
    Little Monster
    Little Monster

Post by Kevin 11/28/2012, 3:38 am

xheavymetalgaga wrote:Nicki stop blaming other people for your shitty music. Nicki Minaj Expects Lukewarm Sales of 'The Re-Up' Album 1197609642

Nicki Minaj Expects Lukewarm Sales of 'The Re-Up' Album 3636124492
    PrincessOfMischief
    PrincessOfMischief
    Icon
    Icon

Bio : Sold my soul to a man in a golden helmet and green

Post by PrincessOfMischief 11/28/2012, 11:43 pm

KevinBryan wrote:
    xheavymetalgaga wrote:Nicki stop blaming other people for your shitty music. Nicki Minaj Expects Lukewarm Sales of 'The Re-Up' Album 1197609642

Nicki Minaj Expects Lukewarm Sales of 'The Re-Up' Album 3636124492

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/6/2024, 9:20 am