So Happy I Could Die

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Rolling Stone names Gaga as one of the New Immortals

Mikal
    Mikal
    Administrator
    Administrator

Bio : My life is a play.

Rolling Stone names Gaga as one of the New Immortals Empty Rolling Stone names Gaga as one of the New Immortals

Post by Mikal 3/6/2013, 2:23 am

Back in 2004, Rolling Stone assembled an expert panel of musicians, industry figures and critics to pick the 50 greatest artists of all time. We called these artists "The Immortals." A year later, our panelists expanded the roster to 100 all-time great artists, which you can read right here. But time stands still for no list, and when we look around us today we see a whole galaxy of other stars who belong in the Immortals conversation. Click through for 14 currently active (or relatively recently defunct) artists who we think will stand the test of time – the kind of acts whose names we wouldn't be surprised to see on a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ballot at some point down the road when they become eligible. Meet the New Immortals.

In 2006, 20-year-old NYU dropout Stefani Angelina Germanotta changed her name to Lady Gaga and began her plot to take over the world. It only took about three years. In that time, she brought her Madonna-inspired dance songs from downtown Manhattan's cramped Bitter End to a multiple-night stand at Madison Square Garden. It was easy to dismiss her first big single, "Just Dance," as a pop trifle – but the hits kept coming at a dizzying pace ("Poker Face," "Paparazzi," "Bad Romance," "Edge of Glory"), each one more impressive than the last. Gaga also understands the 24/7 media culture better than any of her peers: she treats the whole world as a stage, posing in outrageously freaky costumes everywhere she goes, from the airport to the Grammys. By preaching the gospel of tolerance and self-respect to her army of "Little Monsters," she's split the difference between Oprah Winfrey and Madonna. It's a highly potent formula that's turned her into arguably the biggest star of the new millennium, with a staggering 34,500,000 Twitter followers. Her only challenge now is finding new ways to wow her audience.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/the-new-immortals-20130305/lady-gaga-19691231
    Cool Nebraska Guy
    Cool Nebraska Guy
    Administrator
    Administrator

Bio : I'm fun.

Rolling Stone names Gaga as one of the New Immortals Empty Re: Rolling Stone names Gaga as one of the New Immortals

Post by Cool Nebraska Guy 3/6/2013, 2:39 am

I love people in the comments complaining about Rih and Taylor but not Gaga lol.
    Pop Ate My Hearts
    Pop Ate My Hearts
    Icon
    Icon

Bio : If Gaga is poison for our minds, then inject me.

Rolling Stone names Gaga as one of the New Immortals Empty Re: Rolling Stone names Gaga as one of the New Immortals

Post by Pop Ate My Hearts 3/6/2013, 6:21 am

Another reason why we call her Godga.
    https://i.servimg.com/u/f74/17/38/29/83/30a54z10.jpg

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 5:41 pm