So Happy I Could Die

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

My Essay on Tumblr

PrincessOfMischief
    PrincessOfMischief
    Icon
    Icon

Bio : Sold my soul to a man in a golden helmet and green

My Essay on Tumblr Empty My Essay on Tumblr

Post by PrincessOfMischief 3/3/2013, 9:59 pm

bam

How to Tumblr: A Guide On How to Join the Family

An Introduction by a real, live Tumblr user: Me!

“What is Tumblr?” you may ask. Tumblr, stylized as tumblr, is a microblogging platform and social networking website, owned and operated by Tumblr, Inc. The service allows users to post multimedia and other content to a short-form blog. In other words, it’s another social network. “But I have Facebook, why would I need Tumblr?” you may also ask and/or whine at me. Well, Tumblr is much more than a blogging site. Tumblr is a home; it is a place for the wild herds of fangirls to roam free. It is a place for the hipsters to post their “instagramed” pictures of Starbucks cups. It’s a crazy, wild party. It’s completely drug, alcohol, calorie, and fat free! A number of Tumblr users have called the site: it’s a place where people can finally understand me; it’s heaven all in one website; it’s a place where you're safe to express emotions; it’s a place where you can escape reality for as long as you want, and just be happy to be you. All in all, we are a giant, dysfunctional family. Yes we exist mainly on the internet, but we are a family none the less.

How to achieve a Tumblr:

Now then, do I have your interest? Good! I bet you’re wondering how one goes about getting a Tumblr. Well simply, open your internet browser (preferably Firefox, or Google Chrome. Internet explorer will only slow everything up. You might be 80 by the time you get your URL). Once you’ve opened your browser, type in the following -tumblr.com- then hit enter. PRESTO! A blue website of wonder should appear before your eyes! This will be your home for the next undetermined amount of years. Now then, you’ll see two options in your upper right hand corner – login and sign up. Unless you already have a Tumblr, click sign up. Fill out the little sign up form, and click start. It’ll ask you a few more questions after that.

If you’re under 13, stop reading this and go pick up a book. Sherlock Holmes is a nice long series. Harry Potter, The Hobbit, or Lord of the Rings as well –we can get you started on fandoms (a fandom can also be called a fan base) early! If reading isn’t your thing, then go outside and play with your friends. Enjoy the fresh air before the internet claims you as its next victim! Er, I mean, as the next member of our family!

After it asks you your likes and interests, it will take you to your dashboard. Here you will find the postings of the people you follow. On the right hand side, you’ll see something called “Untitled” and it’ll have your URL under it. Click the URL. It opens your blog. Here you design your blog. Go ahead and knock yourself out with designs! Show your new family what you love, and what you’re all about! Come find me again and I’ll show you the sides of your new family.

The Tumblr Family Tree

Back again so soon? I hope you made your blog look pretty (and I’m sure you did). Alright, now that you have everything all set, you’re about to meet the people. As your guide, and new sister, I’ll teach you about the two sides of our family.
    Hipsters are the alter-ego side of the Fangirls. They are found mostly blogging about “instagramed” coffee cups from Starbucks, inspirational quotes with pictures, or food. Hipsters and Fangirls don’t get along. In fact we kind of hate each other. Hipsters are the super cool, stuck up big sister who can’t take her little sister (fangirls) to the park, or out shopping. But if anything were to happen to Tumblr, I have no doubt; we would put our differences aside and join forces.

The fangirls (or fanboys, we are not sexists), are those of us who fan obsessively over anything they love. The three biggest types of fangirls (and fanboys) you will find are the Whovians, the Sherlockians, and the Ghostfacers. They belong to the three biggest fandoms –SuperWhoLock (Supernatural, Doctor Who, and Sherlock). These are fans you do not want to mess with; but are the sweetest people on the site. If you’re ever having a bad day, they are the people who will give you some chocolate and make you feel better. They are the caring mothers, or grandmothers, but a lot cooler.

There are plenty of other rules and tips out there, but most are better if you learn them yourself. I feel like you’re ready to go out there and join our giant dysfunctional family of fangirls, fanboys and hipsters. If you still believe you can’t have internet friends, or an internet family; let me take this time to give you the definition of a friend. A friend is someone you feel an emotional bond to; real enough? I think so. Welcome home, Sis (or Bro). See you around sometime.
    Mikal
    Mikal
    Administrator
    Administrator

Bio : My life is a play.

My Essay on Tumblr Empty Re: My Essay on Tumblr

Post by Mikal 3/3/2013, 10:07 pm

This is long so I'll read it soon.
    PrincessOfMischief
    PrincessOfMischief
    Icon
    Icon

Post by PrincessOfMischief 3/3/2013, 10:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ?
    Mikal
    Mikal
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Mikal 3/3/2013, 10:28 pm

gagasalohaprincess wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ?
    Exactly.
    PrincessOfMischief
    PrincessOfMischief
    Icon
    Icon

Post by PrincessOfMischief 3/3/2013, 10:32 pm

slaythisway wrote:
    gagasalohaprincess wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ?
    Exactly.
    dear god
    Pop Ate My Hearts
    Pop Ate My Hearts
    Icon
    Icon

Bio : If Gaga is poison for our minds, then inject me.

Post by Pop Ate My Hearts 3/4/2013, 1:24 am

This is too long to read.
    Mikal
    Mikal
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Mikal 3/4/2013, 1:43 am

Pop Ate My Hearts wrote:This is too long to read.
    see My Essay on Tumblr 2928982194
    PrincessOfMischief
    PrincessOfMischief
    Icon
    Icon

Post by PrincessOfMischief 3/4/2013, 2:01 am

yall are haters

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content