So Happy I Could Die

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should I Join The Novel Contest

mjoster
    mjoster
    Fan
    Fan

Should I Join The Novel Contest Empty Should I Join The Novel Contest

Post by mjoster

im thinking about entering this writing contest under the novel category. about 500 novels are entered each year. if you win you get to got to new york and work with an editor and publisher to possibly get published. idk if my story is even good enough to consider entering it. what should i do guize?
    Share this post on: reddit

Post 8/22/2011, 12:01 am by eaima

You need to listen to your heart! Writing is an art, you can't just choose a subject because it's more popular than another. Choose one that mean something for you. The nature of the writing contest have to be taken in consideration too, but not over everything, you are a mons†er not a machine 8-)

At the end of the day, don't do the mistake of only choosing what can be successful and rejecting all the other idea. With time, idea will change, people will change. Be yourself, believe in yourself. From my own experience, digging those idea that ask accomplishment and lot of work are the most beautiful, and the most durable one, those that you will never forget.

Post 8/22/2011, 12:45 am by psychoticmusichead

^^^^^ THIS!! :)
    Pop Ate My Hearts

Post 8/22/2011, 2:37 am by Pop Ate My Hearts

^^^^THIS ALSO^^^^ LOOOL
    toshir3197

Post 8/22/2011, 7:14 am by toshir3197

^^^^^^^^^^^THIS TOOO^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Mikal

Post 8/22/2011, 11:29 am by Mikal

eaima wrote:You need to listen to your heart! Writing is an art, you can't just choose a subject because it's more popular than another. Choose one that mean something for you. The nature of the writing contest have to be taken in consideration too, but not over everything, you are a mons†er not a machine 8-)

At the end of the day, don't do the mistake of only choosing what can be successful and rejecting all the other idea. With time, idea will change, people will change. Be yourself, believe in yourself. From my own experience, digging those idea that ask accomplishment and lot of work are the most beautiful, and the most durable one, those that you will never forget.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    mjoster

Post 8/22/2011, 6:45 pm by mjoster

so basically you're saying that i should enter regardless of whether or not i think my idea is good enough?

Post 8/22/2011, 7:00 pm by psychoticmusichead

Yeah!! :) Mattie, you really should! You're an amazing writer and I + mons†er Family want your dreams to come true! :) Just do it! I promise you won't regret it! :)
    mjoster

Post 8/22/2011, 7:59 pm by mjoster

Gaga4ever82 wrote:Yeah!! :) Mattie, you really should! You're an amazing writer and I + mons†er Family want your dreams to come true! :) Just do it! I promise you won't regret it! :)
    aw thank you. if i get published i'll a secret little thank you in it for all of my mons†er family.
    Kenn

Post 8/23/2011, 3:09 am by Kenn

Consider how much time will need to be invested, then if you can also place a value on your time. After reading the small snippet of the novel that I've seen, I personally think you are rather talented at authoring. Since you are already writing a book, entering it can't do any harm, can it?
    Mikal

Post 8/23/2011, 11:16 am by Mikal

DO IT OR I WILL STEAL YOUR NOVEL AND ENTER IT MYSELF FOR YOU 8-)
    mjoster

Post 8/23/2011, 8:23 pm by mjoster

@Kenn- aw thank you. haha i loled at authoring.
    @Mike- LOL i thought you were going to say you were going to steal my novel and enter it as your own!
    Cool Nebraska Guy

Post 8/23/2011, 9:01 pm by Cool Nebraska Guy

You should do it. All I see is good coming from it : )
    PrincessOfMischief

Post 8/23/2011, 9:53 pm by PrincessOfMischief

OMG MATTIE DO IT!!! ur stories are so good

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/9/2024, 12:26 pm