So Happy I Could Die

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Cool Nebraska Guy
Mikal
Pop Ate My Hearts
7 posters

ALBUM REVIEWS

Pop Ate My Hearts
    Pop Ate My Hearts
    Icon
    Icon

Bio : If Gaga is poison for our minds, then inject me.

ALBUM REVIEWS Empty ALBUM REVIEWS

Post by Pop Ate My Hearts 10/20/2012, 8:24 pm

Okay, so I started this thread so everyone can give a decent review for albums.

I'm going to review 'Born To Die'. You can review it too if you want or do a review for another album and this can just go on forever with heaps of albums.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ALBUM REVIEWS Ldr

01. BORN TO DIE - 3.5/5: I like the melody and vibe of the song. I don't really like how low her voice is in the song, however.
    02. OFF TO THE RACES - 5/5: One of the only songs I managed to like on the first listen. Also one of my favourites, incredibly catchy.
    03. BLUE JEANS - 4/5: One of the songs that intrigued me the most of the album. Love it.
    04. VIDEO GAMES - 4/5: Reminds me of a princess ballad or something along the lines of that. Fantastic, although one of the most depressing sounding sounds on the albun.
    05. DIET MOUNTAIN DEW - 5/5: Another favourite. Incredible! I love the sort of 90's hip-hop beat.
    06. NATIONAL ANTHEM - 5/5: So glad they made this a single. I can't go a few days without listening to it.
    07. DARK PARADISE - 4.5/5: I love her vocals on this track. Stunning.
    08. RADIO - 4/5: The lyrics are amazing and it's really catchy. Who would've thought to rhyme cinnamon with vitamin?
    09. CARMEN - 5/5: I cannot describe my love for this song... I love the story. FLAWLESS!
    10. MILLION DOLLAR MAN - 3/5: Probably my least favourite from the album, it's good, but not the best.
    11. SUMMERTIME SADNESS - 5/5: Another indescribable song like Carmen. The video is also spectacular.
    12. THIS IS WHAT MAKES US GIRLS - 4.5/5: I love the sort of Jazz elements in this song. (I guess you could say) Another really catchy one.

ALBUM HIGHLIGHTS - Off to the Races, National Anthem, Diet Mountain Dew, Carmen, Summertime Sadness.
    OVERALL - 9/10: It's a catchy, well-written album and hard to get bored of.
    Mikal
    Mikal
    Administrator
    Administrator

Bio : My life is a play.

ALBUM REVIEWS Empty Re: ALBUM REVIEWS

Post by Mikal 10/21/2012, 5:46 am

ALBUM REVIEWS Tumblr_mc63vhuiGB1qj4zo3o1_1350696418_cover

Taylor Swift - Red

When I first heard that she was going to be working with Max Martin I thought she might do a nice job going pop with him. However, most of them do actually have a nice country vibe - keep in mind I despise country music - but the way she combines them with her pop side actually make for some pretty decent songs.

1. State of Grace

It's a pretty nice song. The verses drag on for a bit. The "oh-ooo-oh-oh's" coming in at the second chorus are when I think it gets the most interesting. It works nicely. It's an average-ish song. It reminds me of John Mayer.

2. Red

I love this song. It starts out a little bit basic but it sure does develop. I find the chorus captivating and the instrumental really interests me. I can jam out to this song. It's really nice.

3. Treacherous

I skip this number quite a bunch. It depends on the person if you think this is a good song or not. I'd compare it to me hating on "Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)". Others do like it. This song, however, bores my ears. Basic country ballad. Next!

4. I Knew You Were Trouble

FABULOUS. I'd say this song is one of - if not- the best of this album and probably Swift's entire discography. The verses are captivating, the chorus sends you to another dimension of some love child between country and dubstep. It's very catchy but still doesn't lack any meaning. "I knew you were trouble when you walked in, so shame on me now I'm lying on the cold, hard ground. You never loved her, or me or anyone, or anything". This song is a must-hear!

5. All Too Well

I'd like to group this along with "Treacherous".

6. 22

FAVORITE. I'd group this with "I Knew You Were Trouble" except this song is more about having fun being 22, dressing like hipsters, and making fun of your exes. "Everything will be alright, we just keep dancing like we're 22". Check this one out, too, if the lyrics don't bother you.

7. I Almost Do

And the reign of basic country ballads ends. This one is a pretty good one. Emotional, sad, but not boring. Music should never be boring. Taylor got it right with this one.

8. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

We all know this song already. You decide if you find it annoying or a fun, country-pop song.

9. Stay Stay Stay

Okay, I love this one, but it's not even that GREAT. It's just got a really happy feel to it. Nice melody and it's quite uplifting. Good one again Taylor!

10. The Last Time (feat. Gary Lightbody of Snow Patrol)

Now we get the really good ballads! I love this one. It's really emotional and kind of makes you want to cut yourself like a Lana Del Rey song.

11. Holy Ground

I'd group this one with Stay Stay Stay. I really love the feel of it and it's catchy. Good all-around song.

12. Sad Beautiful Tragic

I know it seems like there's a lot of ballads on this album, but that's not always a bad thing! I like this and I love the lyrics. "We had a beautiful, magic love affair". It's an okay-to-good song.

13. The Lucky One

This song is great. It's a nice mid-tempo song, catchy. I'd compare this to a sound of Marina and the Diamonds's "Hypocrates". I know how you guys don't like that song much. I love it.

14. Everything Has Changed (feat. Ed Sheeran)

Another mid-tempo song, cept this one is way better. Really good duet, Taylor does good duets. "I just wanna know you better now". The chorus is really sincere and great.

15. Starlight

LOVE this one. Really fabulous song. It exhumes a happy feel that just makes you feel good. One of the best on this album.

16. Begin Again

It's slow, but good. It's basic, but great. It's country, but fabulous. Probably the best lyrics on the whole album.

And there you have it, kids! That's just the standard edition, with 16 tracks. Hope you enjoyed my review and maybe you'll check it out.

I give the album 3.8 stars out of 5.
    Cool Nebraska Guy
    Cool Nebraska Guy
    Administrator
    Administrator

Bio : I'm fun.

Post by Cool Nebraska Guy 10/22/2012, 2:35 am

ALBUM REVIEWS Femmefatale

Till The World Ends - 3/5: A very catchy hook but it gets repetitive. Her voice is heavily edited which doesn't help the song at all. The lyrics are basically meaningless though this is Ke$ha's fault.

Hold It Against Me - 2/5: This is like as if she listened to Skrillex and Ke$ha for 24 hours. It sounds like a mashup of about 5 different songs. I have never heard such a mess of a production job in my life. Yes bitch I am holding this against you.

Inside Out - 2.5/5: Very decent pop song. The instrumental is good. What kills it are her whiny vocals.

I Wanna Go - 2.5/5: Super catchy but also super repetitive. The instrumental is basic and so are the lyrics. The word just screams basic.

How I Roll - 1.5/5: This song is just plain irritating. It sounds like something someone off of a reality show would release to stay relevant. Lyrics are shit. Vocals are shit. Instrumental is shit. Just awful.

Drop Dead Beautiful - 3.5/5: Very good dance song. I'd pop my pussy to it in the club. The post chorus is just a little messy.

Seal It With A Kiss - 3/5: It's good but there is nothing special. There's nothing that would make me come back and listen to it. It's definitely missing a good hook.

Big Fat Bass - 4/5: Another song that would sound great in the club. Definitely would be a huge club hit if it was released. Will I. Am. is not needed however.

Trouble For Me - 3.5/5: Great instrumental and it's catchy. Something I would listen to if I just want to dance and be in a good mood.

Trip To Your Heart - 0/5: ALBUM REVIEWS Tumblr_m0sloie0EQ1qlvwnco1_400

Gasoline - 3/5: It's good but it seems to kind of drag on. It's not anything special.

Criminal - 4/5: My favorite song on the album. It's catchy and the lyrics are good as well as the instrumental.

Overall I give this album 2/5.

Honestly if she lets her label control her this much than that is a problem within itself. I can write songs better than this garbage. She needs to just fucking try again. She has given up and it is sad.

Last edited by Caramella Divine on 10/23/2012, 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Pop Ate My Hearts
    Pop Ate My Hearts
    Icon
    Icon

Post by Pop Ate My Hearts 10/22/2012, 4:25 am

Caramella Divine wrote:How I Roll - 1.5/5: This song is just plain irritating. It sounds like something someone off of a reality show would release to stay relevant. Lyrics are shit. Vocals are shit. Instrumental is shit. Just awful.

ALBUM REVIEWS Tumblr_lnaa8oNtZw1qllrvao1_500
    PrincessOfMischief
    PrincessOfMischief
    Icon
    Icon

Bio : Sold my soul to a man in a golden helmet and green

Post by PrincessOfMischief 10/22/2012, 7:49 am

ALBUM REVIEWS Confessions
    Confessions on the Dance Floor
    1. Hung Up - 3/5 - the use of the ABBA song "Gimme Gimme Gimme (a man after midnight) is a nice touch, although i feel Madonna could've come up with her own beat here
    2. Get Together - 4/5 - This song is trippy, it gives you the illusion of feeling high without actually being high, but not to the extent of Bedtime Story. The lyrics are relatable and well said. a catchy song.
    3. Sorry - 5/5 - this song is just flawless and if u dont agree with me then ur going to hell ALBUM REVIEWS 515699613
    4. Future Lovers - 3/5 - I feel like there's too much spoken word in this song to actually be a song, but it did do well for the opening of the tour so i'm not going to complain much
    5. I Love New York - 4/5 - Her vocals could use work here, but the song is catchy
    6. Let It Will Be - 5/5 - again this song is flawless and if you dont agree with me ur going to hell ALBUM REVIEWS 515699613
    7. Forbidden Love - 4/5 - this song is extremely catchy and the lyrics are sort of like a romeo and juliet story. it should've been a single
    8. Jump - 4/5 - the song is nice, the lyrics have some underlying deep meanings about family (i.e. "my sisters and me") the video doesn't make sense tho
    9. How High - 5/5 - Song is flawless bow
    10. Isaac - 3/5 - this song doesn't make much sense to me, but its catchy so i'll give it some credit. i like how she doesn't have an actual chorus in this song, but manages to not make it reductive.
    11. Push - 2/5 - i feel like this should've been a bonus track, not the greatest song tbh, slightly catchy
    12. Like It Or Not - 2/5 - definitely the flop of the album. i feel like it doesn't fit with the rest of the album. should've been a bonus track

OVERALL:
    4/5 - the way the whole album flows together flawlessly like on continuous song is genius! it also makes u feel like ur inside of a disco ball <3
    standout tracks: Sorry, Forbidden Love, Let it Will Be, How High
    Neyde
    Neyde
    Little Monster
    Little Monster

Bio : I'm very cool and a lot of fun

Post by Neyde 10/22/2012, 4:35 pm

Y'all are fucking haters and will burn in hell.
    Cool Nebraska Guy
    Cool Nebraska Guy
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Cool Nebraska Guy 10/22/2012, 4:41 pm

toxicbritfan wrote:Y'all are fucking haters and will burn in hell.
    Idk my review wasn't all negative.
    Mikal
    Mikal
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Mikal 10/23/2012, 5:35 pm

ALBUM REVIEWS HardCandyAlbumCover

1. Candy Shop - 4/5

I actually like this song, it's pussy poppable, it's fun, it's catchy, and it's really good on the MDNA tour.

2. 4 Minutes (feat. Justin Timberlake & Timbaland) - 2/5

Over-rated annoying song. It would probably be nice if Timbaland wasn't there to ruin everything like Flo Rida on Starstruck. It would be 1/5 but Justin Timberlake gives it an extra star.

3. Give It 2 Me - 3/5

I like this song too. I group it with Candy Shop. It's a fun and catchy song. and the instrumental isn't annoying.

4. Heartbeat - 1/5

Trash. Shit. What is she doing. What are you doing Madge? are you ill? stop.

5. Miles Away - 3/5

Nice song. Good lyrics and melody but it didn't need the dance instrumental going on.

6. She's Not Me - 3/5

It's actually a cool song but why does it last 6 minutes? ALBUM REVIEWS 1278554358 I blame the reductive Gags.

7. Incredible - 1/5

ALBUM REVIEWS Tumblr_mc3uasAGRO1qa82d1o6_r4_250_zps24a47eae

8. Beat Goes On - (feat. Kanye West) 2/5

Shitty song, really annoying, and dumb lyrics but i gave it 2 stars for Kanye.
    ALBUM REVIEWS Kanyeshrug

9. Dance 2night (feat. Justin Timberlake) - 4/5

4 Minutes done right. Highlight of the album.

10. Spanish Lesson - 0/5

ALBUM REVIEWS Tumblr_mc3rsxOnBh1ru92xpo1_100

11. Devil Wouldn't Recognize You - 2/5

The vocals are annoying, but it has a slightly catchy hook and i kinda like the instrumental but it's mainly shit. ALBUM REVIEWS 2023347961

12. Voices - 2/5

It is interesting for the first 30 seconds and then just drags on.

I give this album 1.5 stars.

Madonna, WHAT were you thinking? WHAT were you doing? Were you on drugs when you decided this was a good idea for an album? Seek help. I don't even know how someone goes from the flawlessness that is Confessions and then to this. MDNA is actually a nice album too, so what happened with this? Let's just pretend this album never happened. Burn every copy in the world and we'll be good.
    ALBUM REVIEWS Tumblr_mc1ko0Vpfr1r9ebn9
    Pop Ate My Hearts
    Pop Ate My Hearts
    Icon
    Icon

Post by Pop Ate My Hearts 10/23/2012, 5:51 pm

Caramella Divine wrote:
    toxicbritfan wrote:Y'all are fucking haters and will burn in hell.
    Idk my review wasn't all negative.
    Charlie it's the truth though lol. Britney has had good albums IN THE PASTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT. Face the fact that Femme Fatale should be non-existent.

If Gaga did a crap album I would think the same way. So BLEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Mikal
    Mikal
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Mikal 10/23/2012, 5:56 pm

Why does "How I Roll" exist, though?

ALBUM REVIEWS Tumblr_mc3uasAGRO1qa82d1o4_r2_250_zps907af1e8
    Pop Ate My Hearts
    Pop Ate My Hearts
    Icon
    Icon

Post by Pop Ate My Hearts 10/24/2012, 1:59 am

ALBUM REVIEWS 145997057

Natalia Kills - Perfectionist

01. Wonderland
    5/5 - A strong opening track, the lyrics are fantastic and I love the use of the fairytale imagery.

02. Free (feat. will.i.am.)
    3/5 - A great song, but the lyrics are basic as fuck and about will.i.am....
    ALBUM REVIEWS Dumbledore

03. Kill My Boyfriend
    5/5 - The instrumental is bipolar because it's angry and happy all at once. It's an amazing song and possibly my favourite from the album. It makes me feel sadistic.
    ALBUM REVIEWS Db6d761358c1bb8698ea

04. Break Your Hard
    4/5 - Extremely catchy and is one of the tracks on the album that will be stuck in your head the longest. Loves it.

05. ZOMBIE
    5/5 - Spectacular! The effects on the vocals are perfect.

06. LOVE IS A SUICIDE
    4/5 - I think this song fits together perfectly with Break Your Hard. Catchy and fantastic.

07. Mirrors
    5/5 - I cannot fault this song. The guitars are amazing. It's just...
    ALBUM REVIEWS Oh-goodie

08. Not In Love
    2/5 - This song annoys me for some reason, I have no idea why. It's good for a while but then gets repetitive.

09. Acid Annie
    3/5 - The lyrics are stupid in my opinion. It's still an OK song. Unnecessary swearing.

10. Superficial
    4/5 - As the song title implies, the lyrics are superficial. But I love this song so much!

11. Broke
    4/5 - I would sort of compare this to Dancing With Tears In My Eyes in the way that it's less 'in your face' than the rest of the songs on the album. It's great.

12. Heaven
    1/5 - BORING. FILLER. BORING. FILLER.
    ALBUM REVIEWS Obnoxious

13. Nothing Lasts Forever
    4/5 - YES! This song is superb. But the collaboration from the irrelevant person is unnecessary.

14. If I Was God
    2/5 - Kind of annoys me and is boring.

OVERALL: 4/5 - It's a great album with mostly epic tracks but a couple of lousy ones...
    HIGHLIGHTS: Wonderland, Kill My Boyfriend, Zombie, Mirrors

ALBUM REVIEWS Bye
    Cool Nebraska Guy
    Cool Nebraska Guy
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Cool Nebraska Guy 10/24/2012, 4:52 am

xHeavyMetalGaga wrote:ALBUM REVIEWS 145997057

Natalia Kills - Perfectionist

01. Wonderland
    5/5 - A strong opening track, the lyrics are fantastic and I love the use of the fairytale imagery.

02. Free (feat. will.i.am.)
    3/5 - A great song, but the lyrics are basic as fuck and about will.i.am....
    ALBUM REVIEWS Dumbledore

03. Kill My Boyfriend
    5/5 - The instrumental is bipolar because it's angry and happy all at once. It's an amazing song and possibly my favourite from the album. It makes me feel sadistic.
    ALBUM REVIEWS Db6d761358c1bb8698ea

04. Break Your Hard
    4/5 - Extremely catchy and is one of the tracks on the album that will be stuck in your head the longest. Loves it.

05. ZOMBIE
    5/5 - Spectacular! The effects on the vocals are perfect.

06. LOVE IS A SUICIDE
    4/5 - I think this song fits together perfectly with Break Your Hard. Catchy and fantastic.

07. Mirrors
    5/5 - I cannot fault this song. The guitars are amazing. It's just...
    ALBUM REVIEWS Oh-goodie

08. Not In Love
    2/5 - This song annoys me for some reason, I have no idea why. It's good for a while but then gets repetitive.

09. Acid Annie
    3/5 - The lyrics are stupid in my opinion. It's still an OK song. Unnecessary swearing.

10. Superficial
    4/5 - As the song title implies, the lyrics are superficial. But I love this song so much!

11. Broke
    4/5 - I would sort of compare this to Dancing With Tears In My Eyes in the way that it's less 'in your face' than the rest of the songs on the album. It's great.

12. Heaven
    1/5 - BORING. FILLER. BORING. FILLER.
    ALBUM REVIEWS Obnoxious

13. Nothing Lasts Forever
    4/5 - YES! This song is superb. But the collaboration from the irrelevant person is unnecessary.

14. If I Was God
    2/5 - Kind of annoys me and is boring.

OVERALL: 4/5 - It's a great album with mostly epic tracks but a couple of lousy ones...
    HIGHLIGHTS: Wonderland, Kill My Boyfriend, Zombie, Mirrors

ALBUM REVIEWS Bye

I give this review 4/5. Not In Love is my fav Natalia song.
    Mikal
    Mikal
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Mikal 10/24/2012, 4:26 pm

no one is here to watch people praise albums. we want SHADE ALBUM REVIEWS 1885615141
    PrincessOfMischief
    PrincessOfMischief
    Icon
    Icon

Post by PrincessOfMischief 10/30/2012, 10:48 pm

Blackout wrote:Y'all are fucking haters and will burn in hell.
    ALBUM REVIEWS Hatersgunnahate
    Pop Ate My Hearts
    Pop Ate My Hearts
    Icon
    Icon

Post by Pop Ate My Hearts 11/3/2012, 3:54 am

ALBUM REVIEWS The-family-jewels

Marina And The Diamonds - The Family Jewels

01. ARE YOU SATISFIED
    3/5 - Not a terribly horrible song, but also not a fantastically amazing one. Not strong or memorable enough to be the opening track.

02. SHAMPAIN
    3/5 - I would pair this one with Are You Satisfied in how I describe it.

03. I AM NOT A ROBOT
    5/5 - This is where the album starts to pick up a bit. Probably should have opened the album. Extremely catchy song.

04. GIRLS
    4/5 - Another really catchy one. I really love it.

05. MOWGLI'S ROAD
    5/5 - CATCHY AS FUCK although I have no bloody clue what this song is about...
    ALBUM REVIEWS Emma-yeah-ok

06. OBSESSIONS
    4/5 - Absolutely adore the lyrics. Simply wonderful!

07. HOLLYWOOD
    5/5 - YES. YES. YES.
    ALBUM REVIEWS Funny-kid

08. THE OUTSIDER
    4/5 - Another song where the lyrics are perfect. Superb.

09. HERMIT THE FROG
    4/5 - A tad crazy and a lovely amount of quirky.

10. OH NO!
    5/5 - BLESS THIS SONG.
    ALBUM REVIEWS Pleased

11. ROOTLESS
    3/5 - Another one of those "OK" songs. Nothing too special.

12. NUMB
    2/5 - Yep, Marina you are starting to bore me.

13. GUILTY
    2/5 - Decent at the start, then bores me after a while... Sorry not sorry.

14. THE FAMILY JEWELS
    1/5 - Why did she make this song. I like the title but the lyrics and vocals and everything is just a boring mess.
    ALBUM REVIEWS Seriously

OVERALL
    6/10 - I love the quirkiness and wackyness of the record, but sometimes the vocals annoy me and it can get a bit cheesy. The main disappointment throughout the album are the instrumentals... They aren't the best things ever. However, there are some epic tracks and the one's that are good are definitely worth listening to over and over.

THAT IS ANOTHER ONE OF #MARKREVIEWz
    Goodbye peasants.
    ALBUM REVIEWS RmxMk
    PrincessOfMischief
    PrincessOfMischief
    Icon
    Icon

Post by PrincessOfMischief 11/8/2012, 9:00 pm

um.... the family jewels is a song not in american itunes O_O

ALBUM REVIEWS Tellmemore
    Mikal
    Mikal
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Mikal 11/10/2012, 2:19 am

PARADISE - the loana person

track uno - ride

is a cool song but took some listening to get myself into it so i give it 4/5

track dos - amurican

its gud 5/5

track tres - cola

funny & famous lyrics but rly the song doesn't interest me much 3/5

track quatro - bodehh elektric

cool song 4/5

track cinco - blu (ivy) velvet

classic loena song and awesome to listen to 5/5

track six - gods & monsters

slay 5/5

track septo - yayo

idk 2/5

track huito - bel urr

pretty amazing 4/5

track nino - burning desire

my fave i really loves it and is prob my fave loena song 6/5

da end
    Pop Ate My Hearts
    Pop Ate My Hearts
    Icon
    Icon

Post by Pop Ate My Hearts 11/10/2012, 4:52 pm

################MARKZSPEEDYREVIEWz

----------RIDE
    5/5

---------------------------AMERICAN
    5/5

----COLA
    5/5

-----------------BODY ELECTRIC
    4/5

------------------------------------------BLUE VELVET
    4/5

------------GODS AND MONSTERS
    5/5

----------------YAYO
    I CAN'T REALLY JUDGE THIS TOO MUCH BC I HAVEN'T LISTENED TO IT AS MUCH AS THE OTHERS COS IT SLIGHTLY BORES ME BUT 3/5

--------------------------BEL AIR
    4/5

---------------------------------BURNING DESIRE
    4/5
    Mikal
    Mikal
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Mikal 11/10/2012, 6:32 pm

ALBUM REVIEWS Tumblr_mcon5mhdtv1qlyoxc
    Neyde
    Neyde
    Little Monster
    Little Monster

Post by Neyde 11/11/2012, 1:21 pm

I will be the ONLY one rating Lotus. Two more days, I can't wait.
    Mikal
    Mikal
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Mikal 11/11/2012, 8:20 pm

godneyx wrote:I will be the ONLY one rating Lotus. Two more days, I can't wait.
    it's k i wasn't planning on listening to it anyway
    Pop Ate My Hearts
    Pop Ate My Hearts
    Icon
    Icon

Post by Pop Ate My Hearts 11/12/2012, 1:22 am

No I am going to review Lotus as well.
    Neyde
    Neyde
    Little Monster
    Little Monster

Post by Neyde 11/12/2012, 1:29 am

xHeavyMetalGaga wrote:No I am going to review Lotus as well.

Hmmm.............no

ALBUM REVIEWS GIF183
    Mikal
    Mikal
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Mikal 11/12/2012, 2:28 am

oop chuck layin down the truth tea :nacho:
    PrincessOfMischief
    PrincessOfMischief