So Happy I Could Die

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

READ IT. SPREAD THE WORD. TWEET IT, FACEBOOK IT. DO IT.

kmcclure
    kmcclure
    Super Fan
    Super Fan

READ IT. SPREAD THE WORD. TWEET IT, FACEBOOK IT. DO IT. Empty READ IT. SPREAD THE WORD. TWEET IT, FACEBOOK IT. DO IT.

Post by kmcclure 5/17/2012, 10:39 pm

Lady Gaga and Religion do not mix
    By Kat McMonster

Since 2008, there has been mass controversy about Lady Gaga. Some childish, others taking the religious route. Questions arise about her involvement with the “illuminati” which has been a stretched debate, whether or not she was born a man, and it simply hiding it for the sake of fame, or her “questionable” or “satanic” videos. There is obviously no clear understanding of her art. Protests triggering her concerts to be banned have occurred all over the world. And what the smallest mind considers “An act of God”, others consider pure ignorance. Contradictions also arise from said ignorance. This is the explanation of it all. Written by a devoted little monster.

First, Lady Gaga promotes love. To love yourself for who you are. And by destroying the platform that she stands for, it just radiates hate. For example: A religious fanatic on twitter, actually stated that “It was a good thing Jamey committed suicide, because he was living in sin anyways.” Matthew 7:1-5 clearly states “Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you judge, you will be judged. And with the measure you use, it will be measured back at you. And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother “Let me remove the speck from your eye” and look, a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite. First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.”
    One of many “Thou shalt not judge” quotes, taken directly from the bible. Other religious people also over use Mark 8:7 “He who is without sin, cast the first stone.” When In Genesis, when Eve ate the forbidden fruit, every generation after Adam and Eve was doomed with sin. So, technically, no one can pass judgement, unless they’re without sin. So why do people deem it necessary to condemn Lady Gaga for promoting love, and squashing hate?

Another item that Lady Gaga is chastised endlessly for, is her support for the gay community. Of course, Homosexuality is a touchy subject in the religious community. But, again, judgement should not be passed. And if homosexuality is so bad, why does the bible condone incest? So, if one were to live according to the bible, it’s okay for them to have sex with their father, sister, mother, or brother, but it’s apparently a huge scandal to be in a relationship with one of the same sex? That just seems wrong.

Pulling away from the religion aspect of the whole thing, Lady Gaga has done more in the world than many artists. She and her mother created the Born This Way Foundation, encouraging love and support for youth. Her newest album, Born This Way, encourages self love, loving others, and being strong for yourself, and for other people around you. Her shows, though perfectly dramatic and artistic, empowers those who attend them. And yet, she is a pariah in the religious community, all because her message “Corrupts children.”

Really?

As one of 24 million monsters, I can openly admit that she is a better role model for troubled teens than any other artist out there. She is as supportive of her fans as they are of her. By throwing shade on her, you’re basically encouraging your children to look up to Katy Perry, who claims to love her gay fans, yet makes a song called ‘Ur So Gay’, or Nicki Minaj, who has a hit song called ‘Stupid Hoe’. Does that seem right to you? All Gaga wants to do is empower youth, help them discover their untapped potential. Not for corruption.

Though she may look different, Lady Gaga has something that everyone in the world has, but not many people use. She has a heart, and very pure intentions. So, Religious fanatics, please back the hell off and let her do what she loves to do without being judged for it.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    psychoticmusichead
    Little Monster
    Little Monster

READ IT. SPREAD THE WORD. TWEET IT, FACEBOOK IT. DO IT. Empty Re: READ IT. SPREAD THE WORD. TWEET IT, FACEBOOK IT. DO IT.

Post by psychoticmusichead 5/17/2012, 11:06 pm

I'm speechless! This is phenomenal, Kat! Thank you for sharing this! We need to spread this message everywhere! :) People need to know that Lady Gaga IS a good person! Shes doing the right thing for our world!
    Pop Ate My Hearts
    Pop Ate My Hearts
    Icon
    Icon

Bio : If Gaga is poison for our minds, then inject me.

READ IT. SPREAD THE WORD. TWEET IT, FACEBOOK IT. DO IT. Empty Re: READ IT. SPREAD THE WORD. TWEET IT, FACEBOOK IT. DO IT.

Post by Pop Ate My Hearts 5/17/2012, 11:07 pm

Why are you so amazing with words and shit *.*

Thanks for sharing this Kat. <3

kmcclure
    kmcclure
    Super Fan
    Super Fan

Post by kmcclure 5/19/2012, 1:53 pm

I've been reading since kindergarten. Started reading in french and in english by grade 2, and writing since grade 4. I'm pretty much a wiz with words. :D Plus I only speak the truth.
    Pop Ate My Hearts
    Pop Ate My Hearts
    Icon
    Icon

Bio : If Gaga is poison for our minds, then inject me.

Post by Pop Ate My Hearts 5/19/2012, 5:58 pm

kmcclure wrote:I've been reading since kindergarten. Started reading in french and in english by grade 2, and writing since grade 4. I'm pretty much a wiz with words. :D Plus I only speak the truth.
    Show me your teeth [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/6/2024, 8:38 am