So Happy I Could Die

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Love story. (Story with a clear message)

kmcclure
    kmcclure
    Super Fan
    Super Fan

Love story. (Story with a clear message) Empty Love story. (Story with a clear message)

Post by kmcclure 5/10/2012, 11:03 am

This is the result of no sleep, and my creativity calling at 6 in the morning. I want this to be an intense empowering short story. So here it is, in it's entirity.

This is Love Story.

And there she stood, dressed in white, walking down to me. I would have never pictured a more beautiful woman than the one that I was looking at now. My name is Cassandra, but everyone knows me as Hunter. And the woman walking towards me is my soon-to-be wife, Jane. Today was our wedding day, and Jane had a perm-a-grin on her beautiful face. And still, her green eyes glittered with tears. It’s an astonishing moment in our lives. Our road to this moment was a rough one, but as I locked eyes with Jane, we both proved it was possible.

This is our story.

Snap to 6 months before the wedding. Jane and Hunter stood in the main lineup at the passport office. “I look so bad in this picture.” Jane said, looking down at the square photo she held with her paperwork. “Oh, whatever.” Hunter said, admiring it slightly. “You look cute.” Jane blushed slightly. Hunter couldn’t understand what Jane was seeing when she says she looks ‘bad’. Jane had silky jet black hair, perfect ivory skin, and the greenest eyes. “You’re perfect.” Hunter said under her breath. “Look at my picture.” Jane clutched Hunter’s hand and pulled gently to pull the photograph into sight. “I look like I’m about to cry.” Jane giggled lightly. “No.” She said. “It looks good for a passport picture.” Hunter ran her fingers through her shaggy brown locks. She had an appearance of a dark side, but a complete softy. Brown, soulful eyes and slightly tanned skin. “Can this line go any slower?” Jane said, linking arms with Hunter. “Don’t worry, love.” She said. “We’ll make it out of here sooner or later.”

“Pretty sure that woman was being a bitch to us the entire time.” Hunter said as they walked out of the Government building. “Lots of people can’t handle gay couples, even when they’re doing something that’s a part of being a citizen.” Jane said, zipping up her winter jacket. Hunter rooted through her bag and pulled out her toque, and Jane’s. After adjusting it on her head, she walked over to Jane, and slowly tugged hers on. Jane looked up at Hunter, with a look of pure love and adoration. Hunter leaned in and instantly, Jane pushed her lips to hers. She held Jane close as the kiss came to a close. Jane looked behind them. Still standing on Government property. “Take that, authorities.” Hunter mumbled.
    The walk home was snowy and chilly, so finally walking into the warm house was a relief for the girls. “So cold.” Hunter said, curling up on the couch with her blanket. “Come warm me up.” Jane laughed from the kitchen, and said “I can do that, and do you one better.” Hunter tilted her head. “Better?” She leaned over the couch back and said “I dunno. I kinda want you to stay there now.” “So you can look at my ass.” Jane said, her back still facing Hunter. “Yup.” She replied. Jane walked to the couch with 2 cups of tea. “So...” Jane said, cautiously sipping her tea. “Have you talked to them yet?” Hunter sputtered as she sipped her tea. “My parents?” She asked. “No.” “Why not?” Jane asked. “I don’t know.” Hunter said. “My coming out to them just caused them to freak.” Jane put her cup down and grabbed Hunter’s hand. “You haven’t talked to your mom in a year.” She said. “And your dad, a few months.” “My dad stopped talking to me.” Hunter said. She then, took a deep breath and said “You’re right.” Jane slipped her hand onto the back of Hunter’s neck and said “It’ll be fine. Promise.”

The next day, Hunter sat channel surfing. “Price is right, the young and the restless, General Hospital.” She muttered. “Daytime television, why do you suck?!” She flicked the television off, and marveled at the fact that when Jane was at work, she was bored. Days off suck sometimes. Hunter pulled her Iphone out of her pocket, and scrolled through her messages. Suddenly, a new one popped up. From mom. Oh shit. ‘I was thinking about you. Give me a call sometime.’ It read. Hunter shrugged and dialed her number.
    “Hey mom.”
    Jane arrived home later on in the afternoon to see her girlfriend hunched over the side of the bed, holding her phone. “What’s wrong baby?” Jane said, sliding her fingers through Hunter’s hair. “I called mom today.” Hunter mumbled. Jane raised an eyebrow. “Bad?” she asked. “She wants to meet you properly.” Hunter said. A squeal of happiness flew out of Jane’s mouth, as she climbed onto the bed, and into Hunter’s lap. “Babe, this is a big deal.” She said. Hunter smiled widely, and said “I know. But my mother is a tad unpredictable.” Jane smirked seductively, and pushed Hunter into the mattress. “I’m sure you’ve figured out by now, I’m also unpredictable.” Hunter chuckled and rested her hands on Jane’s hips. “Yes. That you are.” She said.

Dinner with Hunter’s mother, Eleanor, went smoothly. The only reassurance was Jane’s hand tightly clutching hers. “So, how much of the wedding do you have planned?” Eleanor asked, as she took a sip of her wine. “All we have left is....” Jane said, looking over at Hunter. “The reception, I think.” “Hmm.” Eleanor said. “Gay marriage being treated like a real wedding.” Hunter’s blood ran cold. It had begun. Best to make an exit before it got worse. “Okay, mom. We’re gonna go.” Hunter said. “What did I say?” Eleanor asked, standing up. “I’m speaking the truth.” “No, you’re not. You’re spewing lies.” Hunter said, sharply. Jane stood up, and stood behind the action. “We have every human right on this earth.” Hunter continued. “It took a lot of bravery to even consider coming out to you.” She said. “But at least take a bit of bravery to accept us.” She pulled a white envelope out of her bag and tossed it gently onto the table. “We’re inviting you to our wedding.” Hunter took Jane’s hand, and began to leave. “It’s an open invitation. I suggest you use the plus one and bring dad.”

“That didn’t go so bad.” Jane said as she curled up in bed. “My mom is psychotic.” Hunter said, crawling into bed beside her. “I’m sorry.” “Don’t apologize.” Jane said, as Hunter rested her head on her stomach. “You did nothing wrong.” “Love is love.” Hunter whispered. “Love is love.” Jane repeated, trailing her fingertips down her neck. “She’ll choose what’s right.”

Snap to wedding day. It was a beautiful day. The sun shone brightly through the countryside trees. A small lake glittered in the background. Hunter stood by her buddy’s truck, with minor nerves. She zoned off into space, before a tap on her shoulder roused her from her daydreams. Hunter turned around to see her mom and dad standing there. Eleanor looked elegant, and the look on her face was love, and sincerity. “Honey,” Hunter’s dad, Doug, said. “We support you and Jane, fully.” Hunter’s heart swelled as those words left his mouth. “Thank you, Dad.” She said, hugging her parents tight. That was all that she wanted. “Where’s Jane?” Eleanor asked. “I want to see the blushing bride.” “Tradition, mom.” Hunter said with a laugh. “Best to stick to tradition, eh honey?” Eleanor replied with a wide smile.

Jane had the wedding day pinup girl look today. She looked so beautiful. And as she walked towards Hunter, down the aisle, her heart pounded. Just the sight of her future was overwhelming. Tears streamed down her cheek. Thank God for waterproof makeup.

And she walked to me. Jane took my hand and winked. A tear streamed down my cheek. The world’s most perfect day. We overcame so much homophobia, so much hate. The power of love is far more destructive than hate. And with the love Jane and I have for each other, we can change the world.

Extra:
    This is Love Story. It is like a typical love story, but the only difference is the main characters are lesbians on the path to marriage. But you have to admit, just because it’s not a straight couple, it is a love story. And as Jane and Hunter so clearly stated above, Love is love. It doesn’t matter what exists in the world. Love translates into every language, and culture. Gay marriage is a beautiful thing. It’s giving us equal rights, the freedom, to do what could be just as easily taken away. Just to clarify, if you’re against gay marriage, don’t get one. It’s as easy as that. What are we doing that’s so bad? We’re not taking tax money, or affecting your rights as a citizen, what’s the problem? Equal rights should be in our favor.

In short, true love comes in all forms. It doesn’t matter the gender. If you love her or him, and that love is unconditional, you look for what matters most.

Their heart.
    psychoticmusichead
    Little Monster
    Little Monster

Love story. (Story with a clear message) Empty Re: Love story. (Story with a clear message)

Post by psychoticmusichead 5/10/2012, 12:03 pm

This is beautiful, Kat. Kinda started tearing up a bit. Everything you just said is absolutely true. If only more people could think like this, then gay marriage wouldn't be such an "issue" in our society. Love is love; it shouldn't be mattered on what gender you are. Some of our society needs to open their eyes and start taking a good look at the world around them. Everywhere, gay marriage should be accepted. Let those who want to get married be married. It's time to take a step forward and have this happen. Right here. Right now.

Thank you for sharing this, Kat. I enjoyed reading it and so forth.
    <3
    PrincessOfMischief
    PrincessOfMischief
    Icon
    Icon

Bio : Sold my soul to a man in a golden helmet and green

Love story. (Story with a clear message) Empty Re: Love story. (Story with a clear message)

Post by PrincessOfMischief 5/10/2012, 4:51 pm

omg! thats fucking amazing. im not kiding i think thats the best love story. im crying rn reading that. (maybe it TEOG finally getting to me but idgaf)

kat you are a really talented writter. this was an epic story. and i think my fav part was the thing about daytime television sucking and you mentioning general hospital. i grew up watching that with my mother and grandmom every day i came home from school. 2nd grade to present xD
    kmcclure
    kmcclure
    Super Fan
    Super Fan

Post by kmcclure 5/10/2012, 10:44 pm

;~; sniff. love is love
    kmcclure
    kmcclure
    Super Fan
    Super Fan

Post by kmcclure 5/10/2012, 10:45 pm

oh uh that last message was lisa my stepsister
    PrincessOfMischief
    PrincessOfMischief
    Icon
    Icon

Post by PrincessOfMischief 5/10/2012, 10:47 pm

lmao hi kats step sister
    kmcclure
    kmcclure
    Super Fan
    Super Fan

Post by kmcclure 5/10/2012, 11:51 pm

Lol both of those were my sister. LOL.
    PrincessOfMischief
    PrincessOfMischief
    Icon
    Icon

Post by PrincessOfMischief 5/11/2012, 12:04 am

LMAO!!!!!!!
    Pop Ate My Hearts
    Pop Ate My Hearts
    Icon
    Icon

Bio : If Gaga is poison for our minds, then inject me.

Post by Pop Ate My Hearts 5/11/2012, 4:23 am

Omg why are you such an amazing writer? :c
    Mikal
    Mikal
    Administrator
    Administrator

Bio : My life is a play.

Post by Mikal 5/11/2012, 4:38 am

Kat i read this on your twitlonger! :D It's fantastic really! I love it love it love it. :') Beautiful. This is what i was saying the one night when you told me to watch Logo xD Love is love.
    kmcclure
    kmcclure
    Super Fan
    Super Fan

Post by kmcclure 5/11/2012, 4:41 am

I have very strong faith in the gay community, and I will explain all of that in a blog post very soon.
    PrincessOfMischief
    PrincessOfMischief
    Icon
    Icon

Post by PrincessOfMischief 5/11/2012, 4:28 pm

OMG!!! O_O

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/10/2024, 5:34 am