So Happy I Could Die

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Album Reviews 2.0

Pop Ate My Hearts
    Pop Ate My Hearts
    Icon
    Icon

Bio : If Gaga is poison for our minds, then inject me.

Album Reviews 2.0 Empty Album Reviews 2.0

Post by Pop Ate My Hearts 5/25/2013, 7:34 pm

Okay I've recently downloaded over 30 albums or something and I've been listening to heaps of them so I decided to redo this topic cause we had it a while ago.

Feel free to yell at me for having wrong opinions or even do your own.
    Pop Ate My Hearts
    Pop Ate My Hearts
    Icon
    Icon

Bio : If Gaga is poison for our minds, then inject me.

Album Reviews 2.0 Empty Re: Album Reviews 2.0

Post by Pop Ate My Hearts 5/25/2013, 7:54 pm

MAROON 5
    Overexposed

01. One More Night
    One of the standouts from the album, also one of the catchiest. I like the slightly raggae vibes I get from the song.
    ☆☆☆☆☆
    02. Payphone (feat. Wiz Khalifa)
    One of the most popular songs from the album, but it actually annoys me a little bit. Hate that there is yet another song with another rapper singing stupid lyrics. It's an okay song, but not fantastic.
    ☆☆☆
    03. Daylight
    Before listening to the album and having only heard songs like One More Night, I thought the whole album was going to be really pop rock and upbeat, but I was surprised (in a good way) to hear there's a nice selection of slower and softer tracks. Very nice song.
    ☆☆☆☆
    04. Lucky Strike
    Another okay song, nothing too memorable about it. It's still worth a listen.
    ☆☆☆
    05. The Man Who Never Lied
    Great chorus, really catchy. Interesting story to follow.
    ☆☆☆
    06. Love Somebody
    Nice song, great lyrics in my opinion. However it's not one of those really memorable songs.
    ☆☆☆
    07. Ladykiller
    I actually really enjoy this song and think it's one of my favourites. I thought the album would continue with only 'nice' and 'okay' songs but this was a pleasant surprise.
    ☆☆☆☆☆
    08. Fortune Teller
    Album drops back into that 'okay' sort of feel. I really, really love the lyrics though.
    ☆☆☆
    09. Sad
    Basically just a piano and Adam's voice. Never thought I'd call a Maroon 5 song beautiful, but it is.
    ☆☆☆☆
    10. Tickets
    Catchy and infectious. I don't really care for the lyrics too much but the everything else is great.
    ☆☆☆☆
    11. Doin' Dirt
    Great song, but again, nothing memorable.
    ☆☆☆
    12. Beautiful Goodbye
    This song has a really nice light, kind of summer-y feel to it. I really like it alot.
    ☆☆☆☆
    13. Wipe Your Eyes
    Moving into the bonus/extra tracks now and I still wonder why they weren't on the original release of the album? Some of them are better than the album tracks. This song is great and worth a listen.
    ☆☆☆☆
    14. Wasted Years
    Yes, yes, yes. I like it alot.
    ☆☆☆
    15. Kiss
    This song had a really suprising sound, kind of a retro old bar sort of feel. Lots of pianos, saxaphones and humming guitars. Very good and didn't get bored of it, even considering it's seven minutes long.
    ☆☆☆☆☆

OVERALL
    The album was a solid release, although not fitting into the iconic category (hardly anything does anymore but whatever) it's still a fun and at times, meaningful release.

My top three tracks are One More Night, Kiss and Ladykiller.
    Mikal
    Mikal
    Administrator
    Administrator

Bio : My life is a play.

Post by Mikal 5/25/2013, 9:01 pm

yas bow to maroon slay

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 12:50 am