So Happy I Could Die

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Mikal - Interview for DEBAUCH

Mikal
    Mikal
    Administrator
    Administrator

Bio : My life is a play.

Mikal - Interview for DEBAUCH Empty Mikal - Interview for DEBAUCH

Post by Mikal 4/15/2013, 6:42 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

ask away Mikal - Interview for DEBAUCH 778202418

EDIT:

Here's a short little explanation of my album that I used in the GRAMMYs submission thread:

The meaning behind my album is a little complicated to explain. I wanted to write about emotions, different emotions. I wanted to express myself for once, usually my songs are more scenario types. I wrote from the heart. And the title of my album, Debauch, explains what all the emotions that I had were doing to me. They took my purity away. My purity of feelings of love for anyone, my purity of feelings for myself, my purity of feelings toward anyone in my family or the public. The first song of the album is a gateway to the rest of the album. The tracklisting should really be reversed as they are ordered in a way that is a pathway to recovery. I figured if I covered the entire concept of the album in one song, I'd lay it out for the rest of the album in a way to sort of "heal" the demise until the very end when I'm left with hope. On the song "Without You", it's really not about anyone at all moreso it's about a lack of anyone being there. The big turning point of the album is the interlude of the same name. I didn't bother to make it a full song because it says everything that needed to be said. The album starts with very personal songs at the beginning. And as it hits "Debauch" the songs start to lean toward love, and they lead to me becoming stronger and more independent that I could break someone else's heart without caring. "Jazzual" is a very romantic song, I'd say. A lot of the lyrics become slightly ironic after that. It's a confusing, back-and-forth concept, and I think that represents emotion perfectly.

Last edited by slaythisway on 11/12/2013, 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    Neyde
    Neyde
    Little Monster
    Little Monster

Bio : I'm very cool and a lot of fun

Mikal - Interview for DEBAUCH Empty Re: Mikal - Interview for DEBAUCH

Post by Neyde 4/15/2013, 6:49 pm

What song do you think is your best one that you wrote for this album?
    Mikal
    Mikal
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Mikal 4/15/2013, 6:59 pm

godneyx wrote:What song do you think is your best one that you wrote for this album?
    Debauch was the song I spent most time perfecting, down to every last word, adjective, noun, phrase, rhyme, structure.

However I feel "Drowned" and "Heart On Lock" were one of the best executed from the album.

Thanks for the cool question! :cheer:
    Neyde
    Neyde
    Little Monster
    Little Monster

Bio : I'm very cool and a lot of fun

Post by Neyde 4/15/2013, 7:01 pm

slaythisway wrote:
    godneyx wrote:What song do you think is your best one that you wrote for this album?
    Debauch was the song I spent most time perfecting, down to every last word, adjective, noun, phrase, rhyme, structure.

However I feel "Drowned" and "Heart On Lock" were one of the best executed from the album.

Thanks for the cool question! :cheer:
    I love those 3 <3 Mikal - Interview for DEBAUCH 32833431
    and you're very welcome. Mikal - Interview for DEBAUCH 121196900
    Pop Ate My Hearts
    Pop Ate My Hearts
    Icon
    Icon

Bio : If Gaga is poison for our minds, then inject me.

Post by Pop Ate My Hearts 4/15/2013, 7:42 pm

How long did this take you.
    :cheer:
    Mikal
    Mikal
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Mikal 4/15/2013, 8:00 pm

Pop Ate My Hearts wrote:How long did this take you.
    :cheer:
    I started work on it maybe at the end of July and beginning of August. It had a much different feel and mood to it. It felt like Ray of Light and reminiscent of Nebraska Thunderfuck's "Restless Spirits".

Anyways, if anyone remember... my mom accidentally caused my laptop to flop down the staircase and die forever. Mikal - Interview for DEBAUCH 2897916848

So that was gone 5ever. Then I felt sad cuz I had a bunch of songs ready for it, I remembered some of the lyrics and used them for parts of songs.

For example, the first verse of "Heart On Lock" :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I wrote that part back in August.

Most of the writing started from the end of September, though. So about 7 months, with varying album titles and themes. I was searching for an album theme for the longest time. I like album themes. Mikal - Interview for DEBAUCH 3012908983

I write songs, or an album, kinda like it's sex with multiple orgasms. I get short quick bursts of inspiration and maybe 3-5 songs will come out of it... and then I'll be dry for a week or two. And once I feel like I finished it off and said everything I needed to, that's when I tend to put everything together so it makes sense, and maybe write songs at the end of it. When I start writing songs off the subject of the album then I know it's time to move on. I actually wrote "Give Way to My Heart" the day before I posted the album. The way I see it, it's the "Bad Kids" of the album.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 9:44 pm