So Happy I Could Die

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Tony Bennett and Gaga Working On Jazz Album - Recording In June

Cool Nebraska Guy
    Cool Nebraska Guy
    Administrator
    Administrator

Bio : I'm fun.

Tony Bennett and Gaga Working On Jazz Album - Recording In June Empty Tony Bennett and Gaga Working On Jazz Album - Recording In June

Post by Cool Nebraska Guy 3/22/2013, 3:30 pm

Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett will be recording their anticipated jazz album in June this year, Bennett told Rolling Stone in an interview on Thursday in New York.

“We’re working on it from now until June, and then we’ll record in June. She’s phenomenal,” he said during a dinner at the Amy Winehouse Gala and Inspiration Awards, which recognized him with a Lifetime Achievement honor. “I get along great with her. She’s looking forward to it and so am I.”

Inspired by their lone collaboration, “The Lady Is a Tramp” for Bennett’s Duets II album, the pair plan to expand on their relationship when they enter a studio in Astoria, Queens. “Once you have an idea, then you go for it,” Bennett said. While they have not settled on a producer, Dae Bennett and Phil Ramone worked on the 2011 song.

In addition to Gaga’s vocal ability, Bennett added that her business sense also impresses him. He recalled admiring a skyscraper-length advertisement for Fame, her women’s fragrance line, during a visit to Germany last year. “She sold one billion bottles of perfume,” he said with a laugh.

The 86-year-old said in an interview Thursday that he and the pop star will record “a big swing album.” He says “we have it all worked out already on paper.”

Bennett and Gaga collaborated on “The Lady Is a Tramp” for his Grammy-winning, platinum-selling 2011 “Duets II” album. He called the 26-year-old a “wonderful person and a great talent.”

Bennett released “Viva Duets,” a collaborative album with Latin American singers including Gloria Estefan and Marc Anthony, in October.

He says he wants to work with Gaga because “she’s quite different.” He adds that he’s also impressed with Gaga as a business woman.

http://gagamedia.net/?p=12078

I might be even more excited about this than ARTPOP. You realize how much credibility she'll get from this? Omgfffg
    Mikal
    Mikal
    Administrator
    Administrator

Bio : My life is a play.

Tony Bennett and Gaga Working On Jazz Album - Recording In June Empty Re: Tony Bennett and Gaga Working On Jazz Album - Recording In June

Post by Mikal 3/22/2013, 4:04 pm

where's my ARTPOP (D)
    Pop Ate My Hearts
    Pop Ate My Hearts
    Icon
    Icon

Bio : If Gaga is poison for our minds, then inject me.

Tony Bennett and Gaga Working On Jazz Album - Recording In June Empty Re: Tony Bennett and Gaga Working On Jazz Album - Recording In June

Post by Pop Ate My Hearts 3/22/2013, 4:23 pm

I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT
    HER VOICE IS LIKE PERFECT FOR JAZZ
    YES YES YES YES YES YES
    Cool Nebraska Guy
    Cool Nebraska Guy
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Cool Nebraska Guy 3/22/2013, 4:51 pm

She is going to be looked at as a credible jazz singer now omg no one will be able to give her shit bout how she cant sing anymore
    Mikal
    Mikal
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Mikal 3/22/2013, 4:57 pm

She'll get more fans :crazy:
    Cool Nebraska Guy
    Cool Nebraska Guy
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Cool Nebraska Guy 3/22/2013, 5:07 pm

She is comin for Adele's fanbase.
    Mikal
    Mikal
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Mikal 3/22/2013, 6:06 pm

Cool Nebraska Cat wrote:She is comin for Adele's fanbase.
    Adele's fanbase is the entire human race.
    Cool Nebraska Guy
    Cool Nebraska Guy
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Cool Nebraska Guy 3/22/2013, 6:10 pm

slaythisway wrote:
    Cool Nebraska Cat wrote:She is comin for Adele's fanbase.
    Adele's fanbase is the entire human race.
    I mean the hardcore ones though (old people)
    psychoticmusichead
    Little Monster
    Little Monster

Post by psychoticmusichead 3/23/2013, 5:27 pm

I can't wait for this album! Her voice sounds PHENOMENAL when she sings jazz! :D
    PrincessOfMischief
    PrincessOfMischief
    Icon
    Icon

Bio : Sold my soul to a man in a golden helmet and green

Post by PrincessOfMischief 3/23/2013, 8:42 pm

:done3: IM READY FOR THIS SLAYAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 11:05 pm